I'm not a Social Media Freak


Every day we watch individuals with their smartphones, tables, or laptops. The advantage of those devices is their small size and light weight. We carry our smartphones in our packets. Tables or laptops in small bags. We pay ridiculous amounts of money, so we can have access to the internet, but all we use the internet for is to upgrade our status on Facebook, Tweeter, or other social media page in the web.


We are learning while we ride the bus or subway. We can shift subject. Such as: Math, Biology, English, Physics, and others. We do our shopping online too. However, the information in the internet is not 100 percent accurate. Some web sites are scams, and we are exposing ourselves when we share our information. Once you type your information and click “summit” or “apply” you are taking the risk of becoming a victim of identity thief.

You contribute in many ways when you are posting on your Facebook page or Tweet. You can post information, or share social causes in your social pages. Since, cell phones companies are including internet on many telephones; we can be the first to report an event before the press or news cast are able to cover. If you want to use these information in a lucrative way, by all means do it, you can get paid a humongous amount of money by news corporations or newspapers.



Regarding my situation with the social media; I feel comfortable sharing my ideas in certain pages, such as Facebook and LinkIn, but I dislike tweeter accounts. I used to have one, but I did not like the short tweets, and go from one page to another into multiple accounts. I favor Facebook and LinkIn because they allow me to stay on one page and view a selection. Once in a blue moon, I’m requested to redirect my browser to a different account which I'm happy to comply with since is not all the time. Overall, social media helps more than it hinders by promoting freedom of speech through easier accessibility and availability of current information. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eat & Die

Unexplored Land